Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Dress Thinner

Well, I got my Women's Health Daily Dose as usual and was happy to see something about style (and I'm not talking workout gear). The Dose today is '5 Ways to Dress 10 Pounds Thinner'. Who wouldn't love to look like they've lost weight without having to do all the dieting and working out? Get a notepad and pen ladies....here we go:

1) Boot Cut Jeans - dark boot legs are the most flattering, giving you a long, lean look.

2) Body Lengthening Clothes - a common misconception is that baggy clothes make you look skinnier...wrong! Wear clothes that are body skimming such as lightweight vertical pieces (cardigans, scarves, necklaces) to create a body-lengthening look.





3) Structured Fabric - dresses made from structured fabric hide imperfections (hmm hmm muffin top) while crisscross detailing gives you that hourglass shape.



4) Accentuate Your Waist - try a flowy dress with a thin belt to define your waist. Make sure that if you cover your chest to show some leg and finish off the look with high platform heels (the further you are from the ground the thinner you'll look).
5) Long Dark Pants - shoe-skimming super dark pants give you a long, lean silhouette. If you are bottom heavy wear the pants with a light colored shirt.



Remember, accessories also help create length and hide imperfections. Good luck ladies!

Ciao,
Kristy
Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Mimi said...

thanks for all these tips! they will definitely come in handy for me, can't wait to try them out! :)

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
Fashion To Figure Giveaway: Win any item $30 or less
Poshlocket Giveaway: Win a Shelly Fabric Choker

Laurice Anderson said...

This is my first time to comment on your blog and I can't keep myself from expressing a ton of thanks on this post. I am glad I have came across this blog as I have learned another new things especially on wearing the right dress since I belong to a plus size women (lolz). I'll be trying those ideas co'z I know it will help me looks thinner. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

http://www.fashionfitout.com/